UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LorenCobb Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4290  
Subject: Re: Cleaning up and visitors Date: 5/16/2004 1:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hey, don't mind me, just carry on with the sweeping. I only dropped in to see the bronze of the two Canadians in a canoe before it gets shipped out. Whispers of its existence have been circulating in some of the more obscure boards, so I thought I would have a look.

Wow, that's some piece of casting! Look at the detail, the poignant expressions, the power of the waves. "Everything's okay so far" pretty well describes my emotional experience with the Feste Award this year... the thrill of receiving more recs on my nomination than any other Fool, then the sudden fall into forgotten obscurity when the candidate list was published. Didn't even get an invitation to the festivities! Fame and fortune, how fickle. Perhaps it was a lesson I needed to learn? Something about the unimportance of recs and awards in the overall scheme of the things, or maybe it was a hint about my priorities.

Would you mind if I take a photo? I really want to get you in this, too, if you would. Just lean a little and put your hand on the end of the canoe, as if you were helping it over the falls... there, thanks. A proper Monty Python moment! That will go nicely on my memory wall.

What say we go out for a Labatt's Blue Label?

Loren
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement