Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: edyboom223 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5068  
Subject: Re: Milestone on the way to FI Date: 7/19/2007 11:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
hey everyone, ok maybe i have no life cause i am 23 and on a retirement discussion board, and im sure that i dont understand all of the circumstances described in your original question...but as far as looking for a place to open an individual taxable trading account...i dont believe that anybody has mentioned zecco to you, as in www.zecco.com, they are a division of equinox, i started my ira with etrade, and i transferred over to zecco, for 1 simple reason, free trading, granted there are limits, in that you cannot trade more than 10 a day or more than 40 a month...if you do then you are charged 3.50 per trade...still cheaper than most places!...there is no minimum to open an account there, i should mention, there is a 30 annual fee for an ira, but just for an individual account there is no fee, and trading is free with the previously mentioned restrictions, i will be honest...it was kind of a pain setting up my account with them, it took a few days, a little bit of work, but it is worth it, and now that everything is setup, i have been with zecco for 2 months, and i am extremely pleased with them...the format is very easy to use, the trading is quick, they are consistently tryin to be innovative in improving their website (which there are no major problems with anyways)...so, the bottomline is, free trading, ive made about 15 trades with them in those 2 months, at etrade that would have cost me almost 200 at 13 per trade, and now its nothing...i am sorry for writing this in a totally scatterbrained manner, but i absolutely love having my roth ira at etrade...yes its a roth, i didnt mention that previously...because of the benefits of a roth...you can take out as much money as you put in, so lets assume i deposited 8000 in 2 years, and lets say it goes up to 1000, i can take 2000 out and never get taxed on it...of course i can never take more out than i have put in, but the bottomline is that i can actually access the money i earned in there to use right now and not get taxed on it, it gives me the freedom to trade whenever i want, at etrade i would never do that because i hated getting charged fees for trading, so i would hold onto more losers in hopes that they would rise, now i can move money more quickly and have it earn more money for me rather than have it sit there and waste time...alright, i must warn you now...free trading can be scary in an individual taxable account...merely because of the fact that you can sell whenever you want, and the more you make and the more you sell, the more you get taxed, so be careful, dont sell willy nilly, make wise decisions in a taxable account, with my roth i am given the freedom to do what i want when i want because i wont get taxed...but with a taxable account, watch your back, because nobody else will
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement