Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFHollywoodDan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 16  
Subject: Re: Introducing The Jester Capital Date: 3/8/2008 5:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey FloridaBuilder,

Please forgive the heinous lack of a response - i've been traveling in England as a play I wrote was produced in London this week. (My name used to be "Broadway" Dan" for that reason.) Anyway, I am rushing to get to a tour with the wife and child and will seriously consider and kick your ideas around with our guys to see what we can do to get you what you want. What you're asking for might be bigger than the mission statement of TJC, but if there's any way we can make it easier for you to get exactly what you want, we will try. For now, there is a major human touch to TJC (mostly moi and my partner Joe - a terrific graphic artist/web dude/marketing guru) and it basically revolves around my ability to find the content that seems to have the most educational, amusing and enriching.

And thanks for the Duke and character praise. I am meeting with the Duke when I return and definitely think he'd be a great part of TJC if we add a video channel and some more video.

The key here, so far, is to create a place that:

Honors the great contributions of our community
highlights the best stuff so it's simple to find
cracks people up
adds some graphic sizzle to the controversial things Fools write
makes CAPS seem less overwhelming to rookies

Bottom line - I want TJC to be the media wing of CAPS, and would love to kick around some other ideas to you and the guys. for example, Wild Pitches (mocking bad pitches), Great Calls (celebrating amazing stock picks), a much more detailed scorecard that goes beyond the top 10, and I'm open to suggestions for adding things. That said, I think one of the big benefits of this publication is making it simple to find the best stuff created during the week. So, keeping it simple is very important.

Gotta run - wife yelling at me to hurry up so we can see a museum or the like today.

Thanks FB for all your great contributions and thoughts as always.

Best,

HD
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement