Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Folks,

I have a follow up to this issue and wanted to get y'alls insights on what seems to be an matter of ethics at this point.

As you know my current CPA filed my returns incorrectly based on the code sited on this very board and based on the professional opinion and investigation of my new CPA. In any event, here is the current conundrum:

Luckily, I pay my CPA after he sends me the returns. Hence, I have not yet paid him for the inaccurate returns. So now the question is do I pay him in full or do I pay him minus the charges of the new CPA?

On another note, I wanted to know if the new CPA sites the code as it is today showing the facts around capital gains and real estate and files the amended return could the IRS come back later on for any reason and over turn the amended return making me pay interest and fees?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.