Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: GlasMenagerie Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: Re: Version 2.0?? Date: 6/7/2001 2:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 49
Hey Folks. Yeah, 45 of us left today. Version 2 is not as large as its predecessor, but Murphy's tonight will be a solemn affair once again.

First: An apology for the length of this post.

Your sentiments are greatly and sincerely appreciated. My main faith is that things work out. As today, not always in the manner which you may hope, but things work out. With the right attitude, and with an eye open to the opportunities out there, things work out for the best.

My year at TMF was a grand affair. I was blissfully unaware of what I was getting myself into when I applied last February. With uncharacteristic glibness I had a lot of fun with my application. My personal statement bordered on absurd. When I realized the opportunity before me, I glommed on to it and have been fortunate enough to stay with it for 15 months.

TMF is a great company, and the concept behind it is even greater. To be a part of an organization founded so overtly on virtues such as honesty and self reliance has been a true pleasure. That the very founders are down-to-earth enough even now to play on the softball team or join their staff for impromptu games of paintball (the means by which I came to know Tom, and to a lesser extent David) helped to show to me that those virtues were more innate extensions of the founders as opposed to constructs in the name of "spin" or "marketability." I was privileged to be a part of the company and am happy that it exists.

Thanks to you all for your friendship and camaraderie within this forum. It will continue. I expressed the same sentiment earlier today to the more internal forums, and again, it will continue. What I can say is something I hope can be said for each of you. I was educated. I was certainly amused. I have been greatly enriched.

Cheers,
Tim Glas (GlasMenagerie)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement