UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jeangaijin Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308481  
Subject: Re: How Much Longer??? Date: 5/14/1998 11:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey Funkychair --
I feel your pain! I'm in the same boat, and sometimes I get really discouraged. My daughter is 5 years old and it's really hard for her to understand why I can't buy her some treat or take her out for icecream more often. They aren't excessive requests, but I am just so driven to get rid of this debt that I am pinching pennies to the max. Of course, when she does get something she's really grateful!
I don't know if you have considered a second job yet, or if your life would permit it, but I always had two jobs until I had my daughter. Just one or two nights during the week and/or during the weekend could earn you an extra $60-$80 a week -- not much but if you put it all toward your debt, you'd be free a lot sooner. And have you considered asking your folks to give you money for birthday/Xmas gifts, etc? And how about having a garage sale or taking some stuff to a consignment shop? Or how about teaching a craft, or music, or some other skills that you have? Even a few hundred dollars coming in from here and there will help you pull yourself out from under.
And treat yourself once in a while! Spend $3 on a really nice little bakery treat, take it home, put it on a pretty plate, make a cup of good coffee and try to feel indulged...
You're on the right track, don't give up!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement