UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 885301  
Subject: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/4/2013 8:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
(Methinks she'll take it and him to the dry cleaners.)

Wealthy Indian spends £14,000 on a shirt made of GOLD to impress the ladies (and if nothing else it means less ironing for them!)

Shirt took a team of 15 goldsmiths two weeks to construct

Has matching cuffs and a set of rings crafted from left-over gold
It is often said that money can't buy love.

But trying telling that to a wealthy Indian man who splashed out £14,000 on a solid gold shirt in the hope it will attract female attention.

Money-lender Datta Phuge 32, from Pimpri-Chinchwad, commissioned the shirt which took a team of 15 goldsmiths two weeks to make working 16 hours a day creating and weaving the gold threads.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257209/Wealthy-Indi...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Myownigloo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870159 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/4/2013 8:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Wealthy Indian spends £14,000 on a shirt made of GOLD to impress the ladies

Oh, lordy.

He says he's not good-looking. I think he's very attractive, myself, but not if he thinks he needs a gold shirt to make him look important.

This guy's got self esteem issues! He's setting himself up to get taken by some bimbo.

MOI

Author: GardenStateFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870161 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/4/2013 8:32 PM
Oh my heavens, what happened to Mr. T????

GSF

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870162 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/4/2013 8:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
The shirt is bad enough, but those gold necklaces are way beyond too much. Agreed: he definitely has some self esteem issues. If he thinks he has to wave masses of gold around to get a girlfriend, I think a better use of his money would be to buy himself a psychiatrist.

I'm only surprised he isn't waving diamonds and rubies around. But someone will take him. And after the wedding, yes, she'll take him to the cleaners.

Nancy

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870174 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/5/2013 12:33 PM
Money-lender Datta Phuge 32, from Pimpri-Chinchwad

If Dickens lived in India and wrote this story, he might well have given the character and his town their actual names ;-)

Data Huge/Fudge from Pimply/Pimpy-Chinchwad?!

Author: WendyBG Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870190 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/6/2013 7:32 PM
I agree with the others that this guy is actually nice-looking but has serious self-esteem problems.

I hope that someone eventually tells him that the woman who will love him back is the woman he gives love to, not a gold shirt.

Wendy

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870191 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/6/2013 8:24 PM
Recommendations: 0
I'm only surprised he isn't waving diamonds and rubies around. But someone will take him. And after the wedding, yes, she'll take him to the cleaners.

Nancy

Gold has a very special status in Indian culture. Diamonds and rubies don't have the same status or religious connections.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870197 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/7/2013 4:22 PM
You need to know a little bit about the culture before making comments like "this guy has self-esteem issues".

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57476216/indias-love-a...

"No gold, no wedding," is a saying in India, indicating the importance of gold to Indian culture and tradition.

India's love for gold is almost a religion. Beyond being a symbol of wealth and status, gold is part of worship and culture -- a tradition that goes back thousands of years. From birth to death, for men and women, among rich and poor -- acquiring gold is a goal for the people of India. All of which has made India the world's largest consumer of gold and thus a powerhouse in industry. "If India sneezes, the gold industry will catch a cold," says Ajay Mitra of the World Gold Council.

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870201 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/7/2013 5:57 PM
When we said the guy has self-esteem issues we were referring to this statement. 'I know I am not the best looking man in the world but surely no woman could fail to be dazzled by this shirt?' he explained

He isn't that bad looking. But he feels that the only reason women will look at him is because of the gold shirt.

Nancy

Author: xtn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870241 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/8/2013 9:11 AM
He isn't that bad looking. But he feels that the only reason women will look at him is because of the gold shirt.

Oh I doubt he feels it's the ONLY reason. By the time you're up to a gold shirt, you've acquired several other attention seeking items I'm sure.

xtn

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870277 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/8/2013 6:08 PM
I like the first reply on that website just now....."the only thing that would make this guy look more ridiculous is platinum chaps" LOL

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 870385 of 885301
Subject: Re: Hey Girls Look at THIS! Date: 1/12/2013 10:18 AM
So many things about some former coworkers and classmates now make MUCH more sense.

Thank you for posting that.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement