No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the Justin TV tip.

I have been watching Justin TV off and on all day. I was watching msnbc live--they had a special edition because of our 3rd war. After it shut off and went to caught on camera or something, it automatically switched to Japanese TV/news of the disaster, then al jazeera news and weather...don't know why...then it went on to NBC nightly news repeat. It just randomly decides to change at the end of a show.

BTW does anyone know if we have ever had 3 wars at once?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0

good question, but i suspect not ..though it would depend on how you count wars.

if you count the Cold War ..lots of duals .. wars alongside the Cold one
(was the war in Laos separate or part of Vietnam war?)

similarly, if you count the Indian War(s) ..lots of duals
I was speaking of modern war...at least 20th century; and not the cold war because that was not anything like attacking another country.

Now about Laos -- I guess that must be part of Viet Nam because I was not aware we were attacking Laos...did we have covert operations there?

I guess I am not counting covert operations...then you could say we have dozens of wars going on all over the planet.
Now about Laos -- I guess that must be part of Viet Nam because I was not aware we were attacking Laos...did we have covert operations there?

we were according to a friend of mine who says he was there (Air Force)

I guess I am not counting covert operations...then you could say we have dozens of wars going on all over the planet.

good point .

(>:
lindytoes says

Pretty sure we haven't, but (cockeyed optimist that I am) I'm not counting Libya as a war, so far.

Pretty sure we haven't, but (cockeyed optimist that I am) I'm not counting Libya as a war, so far.<i/> (quoting 2 people here)

I'd count Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan right now as three wars. If we are shooting down children, it's a war.

Vickifool
War in the
Pacific and the war in Europe WWII? They called them "fronts", but they were quite different enemies and geographies.
No. of Recommendations: 4
War in the
Pacific and the war in Europe WWII? They called them "fronts", but they were quite different enemies and geographies.

Yeah. My thought when I first read Linda's post was that we only have one war going on right now. It's a holy war between fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims. It happens to be showing up as battles in three places. The war rears its ugly head in very different ways, but at some level, it is one big religious/cultural/idealogical war.
<<Yeah. My thought when I first read Linda's post was that we only have one war going on right now. It's a holy war between fundamentalist Christians and fundamentalist Muslims. It happens to be showing up as battles in three places. The war rears its ugly head in very different ways, but at some level, it is one big religious/cultural/idealogical war.>>

And then we have Obama going to war without consulting Congress (the United Nations is sufficient these days, I suppose) to throw out a secular dictator in favor of Moslem fundamentalists.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 3
If the right weren't so completely hypocritical and willing to simply lie to rationalize their positions, they might have a shred of credibility. As it is... not too much.
Advertisement