No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey Rich,

I see that you have your thinking cap on this morning. I do have IRA, ROTH, and personal accounts at Schwab, and a stock transfer as a required minimum distribution would work fine. Couple of things to consider: do I want dividend paying stocks in my personal account, and also how Uncle Sam gets his share of the distribution from the IRA. Of course a sale of enough ETF shares to pay taxes is simple enough.

I appreciate the input.
Print the post  


Motley Fool Income Investor
Are you a dividend-savvy investor? Check out our Income Investor newsletter.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.