UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sophiathecat Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1260  
Subject: Re: Getting ready to file Ch. 7 Date: 6/22/2004 7:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey Scotts-
Don't worry about it. There are many of us who have gone through this and life goes on. I filed in Feb. and was discharged in May. I have over $6,000 in my bank account right now and it is all my money. I don't owe a single dime to anyone. Sure I had to file bankruptcy to get here and I have to rebuild my credit, but my life can go on and that is what you need to focus on right now. I just pulled my credit report for the first time after being discharged and it wasn't great. Correct any errors right away and apply for a credit card (What?? you ask!...). You need to start rebuilding your credit. I got one from Orchard Bank. It has a limit of $300. Perfect! All I need to do is use a little bit of that (never go above 40% of your limit) and pay it off completely or on time every month and you are rebuilding your credit month by month. This isn't easy but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm in my 20's and I bet you my credit is going to be awesome when I hit 30. Can't wait!
Sophiathecat
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement