Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Plaggenfuss Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 31  
Subject: Re: KO at KB Date: 9/7/2006 11:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey Twitty,

I hear you loud and clear about the housing sector. Pulte, KB, et al have all taken a beating. The market has axed their prices in conjunction with all the bad news about stagnant sales, increases in interest rates, etc. I don't see any break in materials prices on the horizon, so this cannot be considered a good short-term play.

However, somebody once told me to buy low, sell high. I read your column with keen interest and will try to pound out some numbers on the housing sector, but since people still need a place to live, the population isn't decreasing, and housing is a pretty basic desire, maybe there are alternatives.

Have you looked at modular home companies? How about some of the large condominium builders/managers? The modulars are a lower price-point market segment and can offer flexibility. Condos are still the wave of the future as real estate gets harder to afford in crowded employment areas in cities.

I'd love to hear your thoughts beyond what was in the article as you have a vast amount of investment knowledge I do not possess.

Thanks again for the column.

Plaggenfuss

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement