Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFBreakerDan Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 182  
Subject: Re: Pitching CAPS Date: 11/10/2006 11:58 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Hey Wax,

Here's a supercharged FAQ that was on the help board and it has an anwswer to your question.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24761022

The answer is basically that TMF has NO intention of making the current version of CAPS a "for pay" service, but may in the future add premium services and/or features to their CAPS pages. These features would be for pay.

I have to respsectfully disagree with your conclusions that CAPS is "not a normal Foolish experience" and that CAPS has "no platform for social interaction." In CAPS you have the Foolish community all congregating in the same virtual space, picking stocks for all to see, sharing information through pitches, replying to pitches, and CAPS now offers the ability to send private emails to each other. There also is a limited but growing number of CAPS relates boards.

As far as people seeing pitches - the pitches can be seen by visiting your CAPS page, by scrolling down through the list of pitches when viewing a stock (which can be organized by date of pitches or # of recs.) Of course, some pitches will be much more visible than others and pitches made on less visible stocks will be seen by fewer people. The more effort people put into their pitches, the more educational, amusing and enriching the pitches are the more they will be recc'd and the more visibility they will receive. Also, one can enhance their communal experience by locating Fools they like and naming them "favorite" players. So, if you have 5 Fools you enjoy communicating with, just go to their pages, find the link that says "add to favorites" (forget exact wording) and then it becomes easy to track their picks, read their pitches and communicate with them.

The key thing you need to keep in mind is - go slow, take your time and have some fun walking through the service and fiddling with it. I believe it is all ready much more Foolishly communal than you realize. Also, a critical point to remember is - this product is brand new, still in the Beta version and, in time, I am certain will become more Foolishly communal than anything we've ever seen.

Another critical thing to realize is the purpose of CAPS - to help you, the individual investor - beat the market. I strongly encourage you to think of some stocks you're interested in purchasing, and then to go to the CAPS pages of those stocks and view the # of bulls and # of bears. View all the pitches on those stocks. View the CAPS rating on those stocks, and then decide if that information is valuable to you as an individual or not.

I can say from my personal experience, that my results have been EXTREMELY successful since I started playing CAPS. Perhaps more importantly, a family recently recommended a stock to me that I checked on CAPS and found had a 1-star rating and is laughed at by many highly rated members of our community. Time will tell if this will save me big money, but my gut feeling is that I have no doubt it will.

I hope this helps and good luck with your investing.

Best,

BD

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement