Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: tsunamied Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137  
Subject: Re: Diversification of the port Date: 11/3/2010 5:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey, you want my hunch?

You want a small number of stocks, but diversification, right? Personally, to me that screams like you want a good diversified company- Berkshire Hathaway.

I have this weird feeling that the stock price is being held down because they have all that selling going on, from Buffett (for charities) and from the elderly set (to pay bills?).

And then on top of that, you have the Todd factor- this is the new Investing Officer. They did get a picture of him, after hunting him down to a hockey rink- gotta like that- but it still seems like people are starting to realise Buffett is mortal. That's scary.

Yeah, a boring pick, but I think it is strong. He did a lot of smart things when the market was down, and those things will pay off.

Or, another boring one. Exelon. Nice dividend and good prospects (nuclear energy- Republicans may like it, and it is getting in on some good deals right now). May not be the best in a inflationary environment, because it is utility-like, but I don't mind given we may face deflation, still.

I still have a couple wild and woolly ones in my personal portfolio, but I can't recommend them because they have gone up too much now (Ivernia- still has some legs, for example).

So there are a couple ideas.

Victor.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement