Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: attaboy30 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 136  
Subject: Re: TYC to acquire TCM Date: 11/19/2001 10:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
hi again PK,prime13,just a note to show u an example of where i got my {assumption},maybe you can interpret it for me? PEMBROKE, Bermuda and BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov 8, 2001 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Tyco International Ltd. (TYC;), a diversified manufacturing and service company, and Sensormatic Electronics Corporation (SRM), a leading supplier of electronic security solutions to the retail, commercial and industrial marketplaces, today announced the expiration of the exchange offer by Tyco's wholly-owned subsidiary, Tyco Acquisition Corp. XXIV (NV), for all of the outstanding shares of Sensormatic common stock. The offer expired at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on Wednesday, November 7, 2001. All shares validly tendered have been accepted for exchange.

Tyco Acquisition was advised by Mellon Investor Services, the exchange agent for the offer, that a total of 91,954,595 shares were tendered in the offer, including 3,977,713 shares delivered through notice of guaranteed delivery. This constitutes in excess of 90% of the Sensormatic common shares, including common shares issuable upon conversion of the outstanding Sensormatic preferred shares.

The exchange ratio for the offer was 0.5189 of a Tyco common share for each Sensormatic common share.

As soon as practicable after the conversion or redemption of all Sensormatic preferred shares, which Sensormatic has called for redemption on November 12, 2001, Sensormatic will be merged with and into Tyco Acquisition with the surviving company becoming a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tyco. Tyco expects that the merger will be accomplished under short-form merger procedures without a vote of Sensormatic stockholders. In the merger, Sensormatic stockholders will receive the same consideration of 0.5189 of a Tyco common share per Sensormatic common share as received by Sensormatic stockholders in the offer.

{"The offer expired at 5:00 p.m., New York City time, on Wednesday, November 7, 2001. All shares validly tendered have been accepted for exchange."}<<<<<< If there will be no choice ,shares or cash,what is the point to having an offer period at all, rather thanjust transferring share for share at set ratio at the merger?? Thanks guys??,sorry if i'm a dummy :)
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement