UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10469  
Subject: Re: Denon, Yamaha, or Onkyo Date: 10/26/2012 9:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi All,

My Denon AVR-3310ci just went out, think maybe it is the HDMI board. It is still covered under the extra year of warranty thanks to American Express. Just looking ahead here, if it is quite expensive to repair and the cost of a new receiver is not much more, which one do I go for. I did have a Yamaha RX-V2200, then replaced that with the Denon. Looking at the Denon 3313CI, not sure which Onkyo or Yamaha. Just thought I might turn to the gurus to see what sage advice you might have.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

The question is can you get as good a base amp for the cost of repair? The Denon AVR-3310ci is a good base 7.1 amp that won’t go out of style for many years. (Michael’s Denon is at http://usa.denon.com/documentmaster/us/avr-3310ci_lit629.pdf... )

I had the similar problem with my Pioneer BD-09 Blu-ray player when the reading module quit (a month after the warrantee expired) and I bit the bullet (about $400) for the repair. Yes, I could have bought a new player but, because the base frame of the BD-09 was excellent, I opted for repair.

I’d suggest the same with your Denon especially since it is covered under warrantee.

Down the road, don’t know really. If your Denon goes tango uniform in the future (and how long will that be?) then choices having as many features (and maybe more) will be there. When that happens take a hard sharp look at Yamaha. I have the Z-11 (cost about $5,500) and now Yamaha is offering much lower-priced units having all the Z-11’s features. Most amplifier makers are following that route.

MichaelR
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement