UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: AntiTrader Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308689  
Subject: Re: Fraud? Date: 11/17/1999 8:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all;

thanks for all the great imput. That is why I like posting to this board.

Some final thoughts on this, if you don't mind. As Jafo said:
>>I agree (assuming the accuracy of the balance of the post, which I do believe; no offense intended to the original poster, but we have heard only one side of the description of events), and I have suggested as much. <<

I am terribly offended!!! Just kidding. I have only given my account of the situation. I am sure that if I am in their shoes, and they get a $300 wad of cash and two credit receipts (9 people paid with cash and two with cards), and it appeard that one had left off the tip on his card, I would have though, "What a jerk!". One of things brought up in this thread, that I hadn't thought about, is that they could have pre-charged the amount then verified it at the end of the day without double checking the signed reciept, which I doubt. If I had left additional tip, I am sure that it would have been included. The only thing that really bothered me was that they changed the amount on the signed receipt without my approval.

Either way, moral of the story: if you use two forms of payment for any bill, let them know that it is your intention so that any mis-communication is avoided.

From Tony:
>>Did you get a receipt when you paid that had the amount you intended? If so, you should've spoken up then and there, but regardless, the amount charged was different than what you expected to pay, and you need to dispute the charge with AMEX. <<

Yes. It was one of those machines that prints two paper copies rather than the carbon copy. So I filled out both identically right there and gave one to the server. If I don't get a refund I will disput it with AMEX...you guys have convinced me.

Bottom line: I should have paid more attention and been more clear in my intentions. I could have avoided the whole thing.

Thanks again,

Brian

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement