Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: mmelydia Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22  
Subject: Re: Where do you hide stuff from your spouse? Date: 2/13/2007 2:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi b8...

I feel that things shouldn't be hidden and that DH should know better than to finish a pack of candy at one shot.

As a general rule, I totally agree with you, and the only reason I hid the cigarettes was because DH asked me to (I eventually threw them out, as I saw that they were not going to be needed -- he asked for them about a year later, and I told him they were long gone...)

But given the other thread, I thought it would be fun to see what interesting places people came up with, etc.

Whats wrong with me?? Why can't I hide stuff?? I need help!!!

Do you work outside the home? Currently, I do, and I keep my "chocolate" stash there. Of course, we have a "candy jar" at home, but mostly stuff that interests KL rather than DH. You might try keeping it at work if this is possible.

The draw back is that if you work with a lot of men, as I do, you may run into the same problem there as you do at home - LOL! Of course, my guys only get into it because it's out on the desk and its known that it is available for all --- sort of makes my desk into a bit of a social hub, if you know what I mean, and I enjoy spoiling the boys here... Of course, they all complain every time they get into the jar ("I'm getting fat!" and "You have to stop bringing this stuff in here!") but then when the jar is empty, they complain even more... They are really gonna miss me in a couple of months... :)

If you don't work outside the home, perhaps it would be best to go ahead and hide it if he's asked you to. Even though you are probably right and he should be able to handle these things on his own, if he's asking for help, he may need it.

~lydia
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement