UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1949314  
Subject: Re: The violent and ignorant are simmering Date: 11/30/2012 5:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
HI Calabogie...

*Wow* saying something nice about my posts? That's a brave thing you did around these parts :) Thanks. But more importantly, thank you for being open minded to my point of view even where you question it...THAT trait is what we're lacking in politics today. While most of this board is like a toy to me, where I love pulling the puppet strings of my pets, SOME people on the opposing side have caused me also to re-think things and moderate my views. I'd say the likes of Dovbaer and Hochizen have made me more "purple" than I was before....vs being solely Red.

TOTALLY agree with you about major party monopoly. As someone who voted PEROT in 1992 and 1996 I know something about how the system is rigged. It's onerous to get on all the ballots. The corporate owned media does NOT give 3rd parties a serious reporting. The BIGGEST most CORRUPT part is the Commission on Presidential Debates, which is always chaired by ex RNC and DNC bosses.

So they freeze 3rd parties out.

Then, they get the sheeple so hopped up and ranchorous at each other, that we'll allow our own side to get away with murder because it's "our side".

I'm guilty of it. The Civil Liberty stuff and Executive power grabs by Bush-Cheney had merit, but in final analysis went too far. Obama is no different only now, the Libs here who USED TO whine about 'liberty' and 'constitution' are silent. All we care about is blaming each other.

We're a civilization in decline. Culturally, politically, you name it.

For a decade here...I said that we'd become balkanized. One day we'd have so many factions, so polarized, that we'll resemble some 3rd worlds. I think the evidence is in, and we're going that way. It's not just Repub and Dem now....it's NeoCon, PaleoCon, Centrist Dems, LibDems, TeaParty, Occupy, Married Women, Single Women, Church Goer, Athiest, white people. White yuppy. Young Cuban. Old Cuban. And the Establishment LOVES that we're so divided.....because it distracts US as THEY carve up the country amongst themselves AND sell the country to foreign bodies.

You're so right. The sheeple will say "nut job" to 3rd party voices, and then get their butts kicked by Republicans and Democrats.

I'll say that some of the BEST ideas I've heard have come from Ross Perot, Pat Buchanan, Ralph Nader, Gary Johnson and Dennis Kucinich.

JediG
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Not Cheering the Shire Deal
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement