No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Eph90Tuck94 - About your 401k money... you can't transfer it to your 403(b) account (IRS reg.), but you can transfer it to your IRA. As for blending old (traditional) IRA money into the Roth... it depends how much $ you have that would be subject to taxation! There are some internet sites that can help you see the tax consequences (I believe one is:, and perhaps others as well. Good luck. PP
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.