Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Gambiteer

you should read IRS publication 515,

it describes what you have to pay in the US as a non resident alien, it also have a list of tax treaties in the back.

you should also fill in a W8-BEN form and send it to your broker (normally they will ask you to fill it in when you open an account)

instructions for W8-BEN

The form itself

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.