Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, Gavinski:

While I cannot presume to advise you on what YOU should do, if I was in exactly the same position I would place about $12,000 in each of 20 different stocks. That's enough to qualify as your own (her) personal Mutual Fund, so to speak, and would eliminate the management Fees which you would otherwise pay. Of course, that would place the onus of selecting good growth stocks on you. To get you started, I would suggest CSCO, SYMC, EMC, KLIC, INTC, SSW, XLNX and NT for your consideration. Except NT (which I will be buying Monday), they have all been excellent stocks for my Portfolio. Others also, but I consider these ones to be my Core holdings. For what it's worth, I'm 69 years old, and consider myself a conservative investor.

Ray
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement