Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I don't know about spouses of US citizens but alot seems to rest on residency status for tax purposes. We have just consulted a lawyer who is checking our residency tax status. In general if you die in the US, the tax man makes a claim on your GLOBAL assets e.g. houses in other countries. They can however be protected by setting up a trust fund. When I get more details I will post them.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.