Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I'm sorry if I was confusing.

This house is not his primary residence. Nor does he claim it as a second residence on his tax return. It is a house that is vacant and has been vacant for many years. I did contact Exchange Resources, Inc. and was told just what I wanted to hear. How often does that happen? They say the house does not have to be a rental. As long as the house was not claimed as a second home on their tax returns, they qualify for a 1031 exchange. And, their fees are $450. So, very good news indeed.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.