Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: minisimon One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5980  
Subject: Re: DJIA BI Candidates Date: 1/1/2002 5:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 16
Hi Jack,

I've discontinued my website.

When I was maintaining the website, I still had to perform all of the calculations and track all of the Dow stocks in Excel (the spreadsheets were the source for all of the numbers that I posted on my website). So I was double-entering data for each stock each week. I was able to do the data entry on the spreadsheets and on the website when the pool of stocks that I tracked was only confined to the DJIA.

But I've since started tracking the S&P 100 as well, and something had to give, so the website went the way of the dodo bird.

As a compromise, though, I'm planning on posting the 10 most undervalued BI candidates (DJIA + S&P 100) each week on this board beginning in February (I haven't finished entering all of the data for S&P 100 stocks yet). These posts will contain the same data that I included on my website (Current Price, Downside Price, Upside Price, Relative Price, Upside Potential, and Earnings Growth Bogey) for both 5- and 10-year time frames. I think this will be a nice complement to the great weekly posts that Lee Lackey is doing.

Also, as you probably know from reading the posts over the past couple of days, AA is the only DJIA company trading below its downside price (albeit barely), using 2002 as the current year.

Mike
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement