Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi Jedi,

Glad to see you have a sense of humor. Actually I've read many of your posts on PA and almost all seem to me to be (paraphrasing) Liberal = very bad. The world is more complex than this and plenty of Liberals have conservative views on specific issues and vice versa.

I don't think that being called a Liberal is an insult, but a number of posters sure write their posts that way. I'm thinking of one in particular (although not the only one by any stretch) that posted a lurid story about Stalin torturing a small bird and then went on to equate that tale with how modern Liberalism has destroyed peoples thinking.

Of course the young Jedi who posted it denied he was equating Stalin with Liberals but the post belied that denial (IMO). Maybe I should tell a story about Hitler and try to draw analogies on how Conservatives have a similar philosophy (anti communist, pro law and order, nationalistic, pro military, etc).

As for never calling anyone a name, you often expressed your view on Liberals. Maybe you didn't specifically call anyone a name, but you've certainly tarred Liberals over and over. Of course no one is beyond criticism, including liberals and Conservatives.

As for the serious business, I offer this mentoring in the ways of the Force. Don't give in to anger, there lies the dark path. Don't collapse domains (everything Liberal is bad). This is what defeats you,

Strong you are in the ways of the force (but so was Darth Vader).

Dov
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement