UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: admiraltroll Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 10413  
Subject: Re: Stock Options Date: 5/28/2003 1:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi Jeff,

I did consider that but if you look at my posts on the subject you will see that I had May 25, June 25 and Sep 22.50 puts.

The reason for closing the position at that time was so that I could repeat the process should the opportunity arise. I actually had already gained $3389 and only left $630 on the table. I was willing to do that to have the opportunity to repeat the process should MO go back down to around $28. So I was willing to give up $630 for that chance.

I actually only left 15.4% of my net premium on the table

Looking back in June with MO at $41+ the perspective is completely different and I had no way of knowing in April just when MO would go back up.

My perception of risk/reward at the time was that MO could stay in the $30 range for a while and so the opportunity to repeat was probable rather than just possible.

In this I was wrong but I have absolutely no regrets

Regards
Philip
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement