UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: rclaussen Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932732  
Subject: Re: Fiscal Cliff & Debt Ceiling Date: 12/13/2012 1:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi jerrab,

Thank you for your thoughts. To give them a wider and perhaps more influence audience, I incorporated them into an email with our political leadership. A copy of that email appears below.

Thanks,
Bob

Thursday, December 13, 2012

President Barack Obama
Vice President Joe Biden
The Honorable John Boehner, Speaker of the House
The Honorable Eric Cantor, Majority Leader
The Honorable Kevin McCarthy, Majority Whip
The Honorable Nancy Pelosi, Minority Leader
The Honorable Steny Hoyer, Minority Whip
Senator Dan Inouye, President Pro Tempore
Senator Harry Reid, Majority Leader
Senator Mitch McConnell, Minority Leader
Senator Sherrod Brown
Senator Rob Portman
The Honorable Steve Stivers

I wrote to you on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 in response to a survey by my representative Steve Stivers. In my response, I suggested an approach to resolving the deficit and debt involved growing the economy by building on our current job growth. Not only will an increase in job growth deal with the deficit and debt, it will address issues with the “entitlement” programs. In sharing my thoughts with others, jerryab brought up an idea that offers promise and may settle the argument about taxing ”Job Creators.” I’ll share some of his thoughts here. For a full explanation, please follow the attached link.

I appreciate jerryab’s willingness to look at different and innovative ways to resolve our issues. It is time our elected leaders expanded their horizons and thinking to incorporate solutions not based on ideology, but based on facts and what works for the country to enhance our growth.

Thanks,
Bob Claussen

“I would add the following [in response to what was shared with jerry], which I wrote and posted some time ago. It does exactly what you stated needed to be done IF the claim "the wealthy create a lot of jobs in the US" is actually true. Perhaps that claim is NOT true? That would explain why conservatives do NOT want their claim to be tested and then exposed as a lie with irrefutable facts documented by the IRS over a number of years....”

“Use tax benefits (= "tax cut") to offset tax increases exclusively on the wealthy only if they create jobs in the US (additional benefits can be offered at the state level by the states if they should choose to do so). Tax benefits are only available for full-time jobs, hiring part-time workers will not be rewarded with this tax benefit.”

“If the wealthy do create additional jobs (as alleged), they will be rewarded with tax benefits and profits from their business ventures. That is the definition of a ‘business friendly’ environment.”

“If the wealthy do not create additional jobs in the US, that is their choice. They simply pay more in taxes here to offset their choice of creating jobs elsewhere (or not at all). That is fair for everyone.”

“It's not personal, it's business.”

http://boards.fool.com/fiscal-cliff-debt-ceiling-30429335.as...

Record of Sent Times:

President Barack Obama Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 12:48 PM
Vice President Joe Biden Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 12:51 PM
The Honorable John Boehner, Speaker of the House Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 12:54 PM
The Honorable Eric Cantor, Majority Leader Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 01:11 PM
The Honorable Kevin McCarthy, Majority Whip (Unable to Contact)
The Honorable Nancy Pelosi, Minority Leader (Unable to Contact)
The Honorable Steny Hoyer, Minority Whip Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 12:56 PM
Senator Dan Inouye, President Pro Tempore Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 12:58 PM
Senator Harry Reid, Majority Leader Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 12:59 PM
Senator Mitch McConnell, Minority Leader Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 01:02 PM
Senator Sherrod Brown Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 01:04 PM
Senator Rob Portman Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 01:06 PM
Representative Steve Stivers Sent Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 01:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement