UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: foolishlypoor One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75339  
Subject: Re: 401k ALLOCATION????? Date: 10/7/1998 5:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Jimmy,
If you are referring to me, the person who posted the original message read on. If not, please disregard.

I am now twenty-five years old. I am extremely comfortable with fluctuations in the market. I have 40 years to go before I plan on using this money.

I currently contribute $166.66 per month to a self-directed ROTH I.R.A. I currently have it invested in three Evergreen Mutual Funds. Since getting involved here I am planning on putting my entire portfolio into a S&P 500 index fund. When my account reaches at least $4,000 I plan on using the funds to purchase my first foolish portfolio. I have not decided which one I will use first. I do know I will probably use two-to-three approaches.
November 15, 1998 will be my first contribution to my company's 401k plan. For now, I am contributing the maximum, pre-tax of 10%. My company matches 6% dollar for dollar. I plan on using a large protion in my company's stock only because I believe First Union National Bank(FTU) is on the right road to success. I also plan on using the Evergreen Fund because even though it is not an index fund it has had the sam fund manager for over twenty years and he is one of the founders of the Evergreen Family. The fund has averaged close to 17% since 10/71. I also plan on putting some into the Mentor Growth Fund until I can do something better. Please keep in mind there is no index fund option. If they get one, I am there in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, this is long, but I plan on doing this for as long as I am eligible to make contributions to my ROTH. I plan to be well above the income limits in the next few years. I am very ambitious!!!
I also plan on using the money I am using to pay off all of my debt (currently $450.00 per month) to start another account to do trades with. I love it and want a lot of exposure. I really enjoy this and plan on learning as much as I possibly can.
Thanks
Dan
Please let me know your plans as well!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement