UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFMoby Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 597  
Subject: Re: Name? Date: 8/23/2009 1:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hi Kathie -- Thanks for the excellent post! Prepare to have your question over-answered. ;)

Regarding the next steps on the wiki, you are right that we have been a bit under the radar, or more precisely flying in a holding pattern for the last few months. Two things have been holding us up: 1) search and 2) other projects on Fool.com

As for search, I'm happy to say that we're currently testing the new search solution in live environments. It's been a long time coming! I expect us to close the chapter on our infamously lame search very soon. You may be in the test group randomly but if you're not, shoot me an email and I'll put you into it: jphillips@fool.com.

The other hold-up on the wiki is that, well, it's siloed off from the rest of Fool.com which limits its reach greatly to new readers and editors. The team who developed the wiki is also the one works on most of the improvements to www.fool.com, and they've largely been allocated to making improvements to the homepage, article page, and site navigation elements.

That said, we currently have some heavy integration projects in the design process, and hope to move them into development soon. Those include "related terms" links from each article to the relevant terms in the wiki, a "term of the hour" box for the home page, and some other placements that will appear near community interaction areas on the site. Once we can execute some or all of those, the spice will begin to flow once again on the wiki.

Now on to the name, which was the main point of your post (told you'd I'd over-answer,) our legal Fools told us Touchstone could not be used. :( So we're once again without a name.

There are four options as I see it:
1) We put our heads together and come up with a new name
2) Go back to the joke name Anand (TMFBomb) and I came up with during a Happy Hour - Flossary
3) Be boring and call it "Motley Fool Investing Wiki"
4) Give it no name. Integrate it so that it's part of the Fool.com site. To readers it'd be like an article, but with many authors instead of one.

Which option do you Fools think we should go with? Or is there something we're not considering?

Jeremy
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (21) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement