Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
Hi lerej,

Why would I not sell them?

1. Their price to sales ratio and price to earnings ratios are very close now to Kroger's and Safeway and other traditional grocery stores. They produce nearly twice the revenues per square foot as tradional grocery stores.

2. Their earnings went down, but $0.03 was due to the Wild Oats acquisition which gave them 58 stores that are producing an average same store sales growth of 7%, so I expect in time this acquisition is going to be profitable for them and fewer charges will be announced.

They loss $0.09 over the last year, so that reduced earnings some too. They expect that their UK business will break even by 2011, similarly to how their Canadian business did.

3. Even if their produce is higher to buy, their prepared foods are certainly cheaper than eating out at restaurants and healthier, plus you can eat them there or take them home. I think this part of their business may shine going forward.

4. Everything I read about organic trends suggest they are still growing at a fast clip and I expect WMFI will get their fair share of those sales.

I think they are going to do well in the future and I also think Starbucks will do well. I like buying strong brands when their price is dropping. I don't know if I am good at picking the bottom, but I think accumulating them in a balanced way over time at better value points is a great way to invest for the future.

tom e
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement