Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HelenMcMillin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58675  
Subject: Hi! My name is. . . . . . . Date: 12/11/1999 11:00 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm tickled pink to find this board! I need a lot of help. My name is Helen and I also use OKlady (Oklahoma Lady). I was on Pondimin for over a year and really looked great. Then they took that off the market and I gained all the weight back. I quit smoking almost 4 months ago and have gained more. In the past, when I would start gaining, I would go back to smoking, but this time I do not intend to do that no matter how big I get! I am now 50# over what I want to be. I, too,have a large frame and am 5'81/2", but I like to look "skinny". I will be 70 next month and have one child, a daughter, who has two daughters, the youngest of which just got married this summer. I also "look after" my mother who nearly 89 and still maintains her own home and may outlive me. I belong to two golf clubs and play 2 to 3 times a week during the season. I also play bridge on a regular basis and belong to OKBridge on the internet and play about 3 or 4 evenings a week. I think it keeps my mind active. I just joined the gym and am using the treadmill & bicycle 3 times a week. My big problem is the chocolate obsession. I've been eating a half gallon of choc. pecan frozen yogurt with hot fudge sauce on it every week and sometimes more. I do not cook for myself. I either eat out or do the TV dinner thing. I've cooked all I want to and I don't want to mess up my kichen any more! I'm looking forward to all the wisdom you good people will impart. Just hope I can keep up with two boards.

OKlady
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42 of 58675
Subject: Re: Hi! My name is. . . . . . . Date: 12/11/1999 7:11 PM
I'm tickled pink to find this board!

If you're pink, can I be tickled red? ;-)

From reading your post Helen, you have run the gauntlet with the diet market. Now it's time to make the lifestyle changes. It won't be easy, but we are here for each other and we can do it!

My big problem is the chocolate obsession. I've been eating a half gallon of choc. pecan frozen yogurt with hot fudge sauce on it every week and sometimes more. I do not cook for myself. I either eat out or do the TV dinner thing. I've cooked all I want to and I don't want to mess up my kichen any more! I'm looking forward to all the wisdom you good people will impart. Just hope I can keep up with two boards.

We will have quite a few chocoholics on this board. I don't think your's is bad until you add the hot Fudge sauce (though now you have me craving one, LOL). The yogurt itself isn't so bad, it the toppings. Try having the yogurt without the topping to start with. Say everyother time and see yourself wean off the hot sauce, LOL!

Next, I hear you when it comes to cooking, especially when you're only cooking for one. If you are going to go with the TV dinners, try to choose ones that are healthy for you. I know several of the Healthy Choices Frozen Dinners are very good.

As far as keeping up with two boards, try about 10! LOL! I have several boards on my favorites list, but only post to about 10 different ones. There are 4 that I will post to daily. Here, Tony's board, HH&R and Quitting Smoking. Thanks again for sharing and together we can do this!

Deannda
This is gonna be great!

Author: HelenMcMillin Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 98 of 58675
Subject: Re: Hi! My name is. . . . . . . Date: 12/11/1999 10:53 PM
Deannda, explain to me what Tony's Board and HH&R are. I see those two mentioned occasionally, but don't know what or where they are. OKlady

Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 100 of 58675
Subject: Re: Hi! My name is. . . . . . . Date: 12/11/1999 10:57 PM
Tony's Board is :

Aruba's Isle of Revenge

HH&R is:

Hype, Hysteria & Runkel

If you type either of those names in the board box at the bottom of the screen it will take you there. Be warned, HH&R is a Paraody board, strictly for fun :)

Tony's board is great! If you want revenge on a company or something, post it there and they will come up with legit ideas that will help you get even.

Deannda
Always glad to give directions :)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement