Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58667  
Subject: Hi! My Name is............... Date: 12/11/1999 8:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Deannda.

A lot of you already know me. Those that don't let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm a 37 year old stay-at-home mother of two. Melissa and Ellie are my little gifts from God, even though there are days I wish I could return them, and I stay at home with Ellie. She will be starting school next year.

I've been overweight since before Melissa was born over 7 years ago. My weight has always gone up and down, but I'm 5'9", large framed and have always been able to carry a little extra weight. Well, since staying home and becoming addicted to this computer, it's no longer just a little. It's too much and it's affecting the rest of my life.

I quit smoking over 6 months ago and now because of my weight, I still get winded too easily from physical activity. I can't play with my girls the way I want, my back is sore more and more these days from this extra weight. And though I can accept who I am and be comfortable with it, I don't want to. I want something better.

I will warn you right now, I'm a confirmed chocoholic and if I don't get at least one dose of chocolate a day, I'm crabbier than when I quit smoking. I'm not a big fan of drinking tons of water. I know I should and I will start making a better effort at doing it.

My goal is to lose at least 50 pounds, but there is no time limit on when. I'm not a big fan of diets, I'm a busy mom and don't have time to stop and count calories or fat crams or carbs. I am willing to start walking and try to dance with my daughters at least 3 times a week (they love to boogie around to some good old fashioned rock and roll!).

I don't have the finacial resources to go to a gym at this time, so this is going to be up to me and with support from you, I think I can do it this time. In return I will give the same support back.

After introductions, our first discussion could be on just how we would like to keep track of our activities. Do we report in daily, weekly, whenever we feel like it. This is a support group and we need to come back and check in and offer support on a regular basis.

If you came here looking for a quick fix, sorry, wrong number. If you want to look like a super model, sorry, not at this address. If you came here looking to talk and be willing to support others in their efforts to lose those extra pounds, HELLO! Welcome once again.

Let's get this show on the road.

Deannda
Oy Vey! What have I done?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement