UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFAdmiral Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8893  
Subject: Re: LYG -- Regular or Roth? Date: 8/22/2005 7:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Hi paru100,

My email to Michael Oliver, Director of Investor Relations

Dear Michael,

My name is Philip Durell and I am the analyst/advisor for the Motley Fool's Inside Value stock newsletter here in the U.S. Three months ago I recommended Lloyds TSB to our subscribers. One question that has come up is about dividend payments to holder's of ADR's.

We know that Lloyds converts at the prevailing exchange rate and that one ADR is based on 4 shares on the LSE.

The question is "what fees if any does the NY bank charge shareholders for handling the dividend & do they have to subtract any with-holding tax because Lloyds is a UK corporation?"

Obviously with your excellent dividend being a key factor in deciding whether or not to purchase Lloyds shares % fees and/or taxes are an important issue.

Thank-you for your attention

Yours
Philip Durell
=======================================================================
Reply:

The simple answer to the two questions is "nil and nil". In this regard, I attach a copy of the Bank of New York's announcement to the New York Stock Exchange in relation to the LYG 2003 final dividend, (confirming the nil WHT deduction and the arithmetic behind the share multiple/exchange rate conversion). Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require anything further.

Incidentally, I would be very interested to see any recent pieces you have issued to your subscribers on Lloyds TSB?

Kind regards,

Ian Gordon,
Senior Manager, Investor Relations
Lloyds TSB Group plc
25, Gresham Street. London EC2V 7HN
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Motley Fool Income Investor
Are you a dividend-savvy investor? Check out our Income Investor newsletter.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement