Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Rebecca -

It's hard trying to figure out what's "healthy" and what's not. It sounds to me like you're already doing pretty well at figuring that out for yourself.

Your metabolism is unique, so nobody else can tell you what will work best for you. You will just have to experiment to find out how you feel given different types of food and exercise.

Couple of thoughts:

Eat as much fruits and veggies as you can. It gives you lots of fiber and nutrients for few calories.

Try doing some light to medium weight training in addition to your walking. You can usually pick up some small hand weights (5-20 lbs each) at a used sports equipment place for $5-10 to use at home. This will help tone and build some muscle, which will then help you burn more calories over time. Don't worry about bulking up because lifting light to medium weight is not enough for most women to get huge. :)

Consider cutting back on pasta dinners. Each meal should have some carbohydrates, some protein, and a little fat for hunger prevention (and some vitamins are only fat-soluble). Try having some tofu once or twice a week. Soy protein is very good for you, easy to prepare even for kids, and very inexpensive at the grocery store. (feel free to email me and I can send you my favorite tofu recipes).

good luck -

ittobear
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement