UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFDoraemon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 195  
Subject: Re: Int Broker Capabilities Date: 1/12/2007 12:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi Richard,

I'm uncertain what ACFIF being open-ended has to do with the trade. Income trusts are open-ended to allow the issuance of additional shares. Many (if not all, though I haven't checked) are, as near as I can tell, open-ended. Unless they are referring to something else here.

I suspect the larger issue is that it is thinly traded -- a quality that will come up a bit in Wildcards and why we don't make these companies formal recommendations. This is common among "F" shares and some brokers handle it better than others. From what I've heard on the boards Fidelity does the best job and E*Trade was able to clear trades in CDCUF (Comerci) on a previous wildcard.

In some cases calling up and doing a broker assisted trade will get the trade done, though at a higher price. For comparison purposes you may also want to see what Schwab will charge you to trade the local shares on the Toronto exchange. I do not have a Schwab account, but I a friend of mine does and I think I remember him telling me they will do this -- for a price.

If you decide to go either of these routes I'd be curious to hear how it works out for you.

Best,

Nate
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Smuggling Rice and Garlic
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement