Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, Roy,
Thanks for the answer.

The league has been in existance for about 15 years and never had interest income before. Since the golfers pay their whole year's fees in advance, we had a large amount at the beginning of the year sitting there in a checking account (about $35000). After I suggested the former officer to put it into some interest bearing account, we now have this income to report.

We're not incorporated. Upon applying for the MM account, we were given a T.I.N.

Isn't there some IRS form to fill out for just paying the tax due and forget about the tax-exempt status stuff? I understand it would be costly just to apply for that position ($150).

Thank you for your time.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.