UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFCatB One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 816  
Subject: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/13/2012 3:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Hey, everyone. Just wanted to say hello. My name is Cat Baab-Muguira, and I'm joining the GG team to help out Nate and Nathan.

I'm from South Carolina originally, but have a bad case of the travel bug and so have lived all over the place, including year-long stints in Singapore and New Zealand. (Go All Blacks!) Investing wise, I'm particularly interested in companies in the consumer staples, retail and restaurant sectors.

You can find me on the boards under TMFCatB. Thanks. I'm looking forward to meeting all you GG members.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: buynholdisdead Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 804 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/13/2012 3:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Welcome Cat and thanks for the help.

Andy

Author: alon2k5 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 805 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/14/2012 5:04 PM
Hi Cat, welcome and good luck on the GG team.
alon

Author: TMFCatB One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 806 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/15/2012 12:34 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Alon and Andy.

Author: gene3436515 Three stars, 500 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 807 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/15/2012 1:22 PM
Cat,

Welcome to GG! Hope you will give us some background data besides where you are from and where you have been. Like age, business experiences, schooling, family, hobbies, ambitions, etc.

Where in S.C.?

"(Go All Blacks!)"

What does that mean?

Gene

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 808 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/15/2012 2:18 PM
Rugby, I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_blacks

Fuskie
Who learned about them when watching Invictus...

Author: TMFCatB One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 809 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/15/2012 2:23 PM
Recommendations: 2
Hey, Gene. Glad to oblige. I was born in Columbia, SC, and am a second generation Gamecock. I graduated with an English degree in 2004. After that, I was an international fellow at Ngee Ann Polytechnic in Singapore, teaching creativity and academic writing. I taught again when I was in graduate school in New Zealand. After grad school, I went to work as an ad copywriter, finally landing at the Fool in September, 2010. Am really excited to join the Fool's analyst team now and GG more specifically! I feel really lucky now to have investing as my day job and my hobby. I have a portly Rottweiler named Guinness and I love travel, all things stock related, books and New Zealand rugby (the national team is called the All Blacks). If you have a minute, check out this Youtube clip of the team doing their pre-game Haka dance... It's a sight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y

Thanks for the questions! Hope I have not talked your ear off.

Author: gene3436515 Three stars, 500 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 810 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/15/2012 3:29 PM
Cat,

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y"

AWESOME!

Thank you!

Gene

Author: blesto Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 811 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/15/2012 4:07 PM
Hope I have not talked your ear off.

Ha, Ha!! That's what you're supposed to do now as an analyst. :)
Welcome, and looking forward to all the insights you'll share (& youtube vids) on Global Gains companies.

Author: Saarkhx Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 812 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/15/2012 11:09 PM
Recommendations: 1
I have a portly Rottweiler named Guinness

I like both - i.e. Rottweilers and Guinness - and I think that Guinness is quite a fitting name for a Rottweiler.

Saarkhx

Author: TMFCatB One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 813 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/16/2012 8:40 AM
Saarkhx, you should see him. "Portly" is putting it kindly.

Author: TMFCatB One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 814 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/16/2012 8:47 AM
Glad you enjoyed that. And now you know how to intimidate any opponent...

Author: TMFCatB One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 815 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 3/16/2012 8:48 AM
Many thanks. I'm really glad to be here.

Author: Saarkhx Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 816 of 816
Subject: Re: Hi, TMFCatB here. I'm joining the GG team. Date: 4/28/2012 9:46 AM
Saarkhx, you should see him. "Portly" is putting it kindly.

Don't be so kind and post a picture of him! I'll drink my next Guinness to him.

P.S.: sorry for the delay, I don't read this board often.

Saarkhx

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement