No. of Recommendations: 0
I was quite curious how many in my age group (I'm a 41 y/o female, divorced, no kids) are planning for early retirement?

I ask this because no, I really don't want to work to age 66 and 10 months old which is when I would receive full soc. security benefits. I also was curious how many childless divorced people like myself are planning retirement basing everything exclusively on their salary, only.

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
I think it is fair to say that everyone who is as aware of Social Security as you are struggles to save as much as they can to retirement. But often there are so many other expenses it can be difficult.

The best advice is save whatever you can manage. Then invest it the best way you can find.
i'm a 44 year old male and should be financially independent by 50--however, i've been planning/investing since i was 25--so i've had the benefit of compounding my money for 20 years, during the "mother of all bulls"--unfortunately, unless you start investing early, you probably won't be able to retire early....
Advertisement