Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: superdave101 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 45  
Subject: Re: Is there anyone here??? Date: 9/30/2000 12:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Walt! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I think I fell asleep in here all by myself!

Here is what I think........OKB is a very solid cash rich company with steady sales and better than average margins (last time I saw they had the 8th best gross margin in apparel). They also have great name recognition, a quality product, and loyal following. I also know they are in the middle of a project to take the last of their U.S. manufacturing off shore (Mexico). This might cause some funny financals this year because of write offs etc, but will soon account for cost savings of around 10M/year when finished. That 10M goes straight to the bottom line and will substantualy increase their margins. The last positive is that they are in a large stock buyback program.

Oshkosh sales don't seem to move with trends as you asked about. They continualy post Revenues in the high 400M range regardless of economy or trends. This is both positive and negative. Positive is that you don't have to worry that sales will decrease under say 475M regardless of what is happening in the market. Negative because without sales growth a company gets shunned by Wall Street these days. It's not enough just to make a boat load of money, you have to show double digit growth along with double digit margin increases.

Here is the kicker......I feel Oshkosh will find some significant sales increases in the late first quarter early second quarter of next year. (trust me) If they do that, along with the nice margin increases they are working on, the lack of growth in other areas, and the decrease in market cap do to buybacks, this stock should move up sharply. It already is sinking to 13 then running back to 19 - 21 (mostly due to buy backs I think). This has turned out to be a lot of fun for me, getting in at 13 - 14 and back out at 18 - 20....over.....and over......and over.

My stratagy right now is playing the range when I want while a compile as much as possible. If you've got a year or two to give I think you'll be one happy Fool.

Happy Trading, I hope you check back cause it is awefuly lonely on this board.

Super
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Berkshire Beyond Buffett Event
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement