Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: karensie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 213122  
Subject: high-frequency trading pops Kraft? Date: 10/3/2012 9:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Unclear What Caused Kraft Spike: Nanex Founder"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49216434

Tim
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mungofitch Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194635 of 213122
Subject: Re: high-frequency trading pops Kraft? Date: 10/4/2012 9:09 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
When a program is let loose to do something dumb, I think of kind of like automated idiocy.
Phrased that way, is it the fault of the automation or the idiocy?

Jim

Author: Technodweeb Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194636 of 213122
Subject: Re: high-frequency trading pops Kraft? Date: 10/4/2012 10:46 AM
The idiocy created the automation. Root cause is idiocy.

Author: SteadyAim Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 194642 of 213122
Subject: Re: high-frequency trading pops Kraft? Date: 10/4/2012 3:32 PM
Doesn't sound like HFT did it from what little they say, maybe some "fat-finger" trade or someone just not cautious enough when buying a big slug?

SA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement