Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TilliFool One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 39312  
Subject: High Price of Vabguard Fund Date: 1/14/1999 6:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have just moved my funds from a full service broker into Vanguard's 500 Index Fund, as a better
resting place whilst I decide on Foolish portfolio allocations.

Several people have warned me that I am paying a premium for these funds, and should be careful.

What does this mean, and what do you think?? Any input would be appreciated.

TilliFool
Print the post Back To Top
Author: EdMcDowell Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 551 of 39312
Subject: Re: High Price of Vabguard Fund Date: 1/14/1999 7:14 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I have just moved my funds from a full service broker into Vanguard's 500 Index Fund, as a better
resting place whilst I decide on Foolish portfolio allocations.

Several people have warned me that I am paying a premium for these funds, and should be careful.

What does this mean, and what do you think?? Any input would be appreciated.

TilliFool

Did you open an account with Vanguard and purchase the funds directly? If so, you have nothing to worry about.

If you purchased the funds through your broker, he may have tacked on extra charges/expenses for his "services".

Author: sklam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 552 of 39312
Subject: Re: High Price of Vabguard Fund Date: 1/14/1999 7:44 PM
These full service brokers will say anything, ANYTHING to keep you from moving your money out from where they can't churn it.
-Steve

Author: ataloss Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 557 of 39312
Subject: Re: High Price of Vabguard Fund Date: 1/15/1999 3:21 PM
<<Several people have warned me that I am paying a premium for these funds, and should be careful.

What does this mean, and what do you think?? Any input would be appreciated.>>

Possibly means you are talking to people who know nothing about investing.

Author: Heatherton Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 589 of 39312
Subject: Re: High Price of Vabguard Fund Date: 1/22/1999 3:43 PM
Not to worry. I'm doing the same thing. Did it directly tho via an application from Vanguard. Fees are very low because there's no fund manager at the helm. Expenses are pretty low, mutual fundwise. That's the beauty of an index fund. Even Suzie Orman (author of Nine Steps to Financial Freedom) recommends getting into an index fund and she's in the know (though not as cute as Fools Tom and David). Hang in there.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement