UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PaulEngr Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 46847  
Subject: High yield investments Date: 8/5/2012 12:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
10 years ago I ran DCF's pretty religiously and basically ignored dividends or simply used them as a data point. After all you'd be unlikely to find a dividend over 5%.

Times seemed to have changed. RNF is an MLP producing nitrogen fertilizer located in the corn belt with a yield of 15% although a DDM says it's fairly priced. CPLP is a tanker company with significant long term bookings with a dividend yield of 12% and a DDM model return that makes it look pretty cheap.

CLF, a miner of coal and taconite recently increased their dividends and are giving assurances that they will maintain it at what is currently a 6% yield. That's not too shabby but it looks even better when the stock took a hair cut due to trouble with one of it's operations in Canada.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46580 of 46847
Subject: Re: High yield investments Date: 8/5/2012 6:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
anything on tankers take to Hohum777 on the Value Hounds boards.

RWS

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement