No. of Recommendations: 0
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/03/higher-ed-bubble-in-two...

While student loans are growing as a part of the total consumer debt balance in the United States, they are still a small part. But they are now leading among loans that are 90 days or more past due.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I suppose they exclude the amount of debt discharged in BK or foreclosure, so that could be one reason why the student loan portion is growing> It can't be eliminated through BK.
I know a lot of college grads and graduate school grads who are working
in restaurants, grocery stores, bars. Although folks do not want to
recognize the fact - the economy is really rough out in the real world.

Howie52
I know a lot of college grads and graduate school grads who are working
in restaurants, grocery stores, bars. Although folks do not want to
recognize the fact - the economy is really rough out in the real world.

Howie52

----------------

Even if the economy were humming, I suspect there would be an over supply of college grads versus the available jobs since kids are taught from a young age that a college education is the only road to be on for a happy life.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Even if the economy were humming, I suspect there would be an over supply of college grads versus the available jobs since kids are taught from a young age that a college education is the only road to be on for a happy life.

Well that and theatre majors, history majors, english majors, etc. The expansion of teaching jobs had to end some day, and proper enunciation when single either the Big Mac diddy or 'Have it Your Way' is important.
No. of Recommendations: 1
since kids are taught from a young age that a college education is the only road to be on for a happy life.

Waaaaay back when I was a young 'un there was a definite divide between "hands" workers and "brain" workers. I always fancied myself more of a brain guy. I attended our local vocational HS to learn heating/AC because my good friend was into such stuff.

I didn't apply myself. I didn't have the maturity to understand that it wasn't an either/or kinda thing. Fast forward to today, the friend who took it seriously has several rental houses, a boat, RV, snowmobile, a paid off house, and a healthy bank account. Despite all of the toys, he was always frugal, so I know he must be doing well.

I was such a dumb keister.
Advertisement