UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LovemySUV Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4657  
Subject: Hilde's flowers Date: 12/29/2002 1:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Any comments on Hilde's flowered bathroom? A unique design, but I would get tired of them quickly. Can you imagine dusting them? Or removing all of them?

I knew the episode would not end without an appearance from Lauri's baby.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CrestlineKathy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1745 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 12/29/2002 2:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I thought the flowers looked tacky....too much of anything, good or bad is overkill to me and over time the steam is going to ruin them, might even make the dyes run...and if you want to change it, you have to get rid of 6,000 staples? I'd hunt Hildi down and make her remove them all!!!

Laurie's baby was sweet and at least you don't have to watch her rub her tummy anymore...lol

Kathy

Author: UhuraY2K Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1746 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 12/29/2002 9:02 AM
Recommendations: 6
Hilde's bathroom looks like it belongs in Satan's whorehouse. Just when you think she can't get any worse, she does. What was she thinking, stapling 6,000 flowers to the wall? Silk flowers are notorious dust magnets, the petals drop off and, as CK said, the steam will make the dyes run.

Of course, if your bathroom is perfect to start with -- I know I wasn't the only person thinking how much I would love a bathroom like that -- and you go on TS, you pretty much deserve Hilde's design.

Uhura :o)

Author: ksfm One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1747 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 12/29/2002 1:03 PM
Yuck. It's the only word that works.

I don't remember - did that couple have kids? Little boys, to be more precise? Can we say, "gross"?

Author: ellaluna Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1748 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 12/30/2002 11:29 AM
Recommendations: 4
Yuck. It's the only word that works.

I've found "hilde-ous" to be an apt expression as well.

ellaluna

Author: zeegirly Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1760 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 12/31/2002 10:12 PM
Our tape ended before we got to see the end of this episode. How did the couples like their rooms?

Zee

Author: CrestlineKathy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1761 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 12/31/2002 10:17 PM
<<How did the couples like their rooms?
>>

Well the room Laurie did turned out nice so no problems there but the couple with the flowered bathroom appeared to like it but they were good friends of Lauries and they may not have wanted to make a scene on the show...I simply can't imagine them truly liking it.

Kathy

Author: LovemySUV Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1762 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 12/31/2002 10:28 PM
I am sure Lauri pulled strings to get her friends on the show, so what could they say? I was thinking maybe she is playing a joke on them by having Hilde do such an ugly room, but I guess not.

Author: karenlj Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1764 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 1/2/2003 11:15 AM
I loved Hilde's flowers. The design was way over the top and gorgeous. Hilde said the idea was based on some French wallpaper. Because of the problems others have mentioned, though, I would prefer the wallpaper.

Karen

Author: pharmachickypoo One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1765 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 1/3/2003 5:21 PM
Recommendations: 1
The room was horrid...My hubby and I laughed hysterically. Surely, they weren't serious. I think they just wanted us to stay tuned just see the couple's reaction.

If it were my bathroom, I'd be very, VERY upset. Think about the staple holes you'll have to patch after you get tired of this look!

Me? I'd LOVE to see what these designer's houses look like. Are they inflicting their bad taste on others? Or are their own homes just as bad.

You know, soemtimes the rooms are good and sometimes...well...they can be beyond words! <grin>

Author: LovemySUV Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1766 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 1/3/2003 9:27 PM
Today on the tabloid tv show Extra, they showed the inside of Lauri's and Vern's house. Lauri's was exactly what I expected; she called it contemporary french with clean lines. It looks a lot like the rooms she does, except she had at least one ceiling fan.
Vern's was contemporary/Asian, with interesting art work and pieces.
I picture Hilde's has very NY chic, with lots of black.

Author: CrestlineKathy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1767 of 4657
Subject: Re: Hilde's flowers Date: 1/3/2003 11:52 PM
Recommendations: 3
<<Lauri's was exactly what I expected; she called it contemporary french with clean lines. It looks a lot like the rooms she does, except she had at least one ceiling fan.
>>

How bout we all get together and go over to her house and take it down no matter how much she begs us to keep it up there???

sounds like fun!!!

Kathy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement