No. of Recommendations: 0
Hiring on the open market always involves some risk. The question not asked. The circumstance not anticipated.

To be honest, I think a lot of the rules about what questions you can and can't ask during an interview play into it as well. We did explain that with such a small office, it was vital that everyone carry their own weight and that the learning curve was steep.

This particular person interviewed really well. There were a few reservations after speaking to references, but nothing concrete to say we shouldn't hire her. My boss was geting a little desperate with the process and just wanted it over.

I'm now wondering if it would be worth the cost in the future to pay to have each applicant that gets to the in-person interview take a strengthsfinder survery, just to see if they can mesh well with the rest of the team.

LWW
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement