UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753484  
Subject: Re: OT: Tribes: To what tribe do you belong? Date: 9/8/2005 10:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
History, really, really interesting history. And those old buildings are really, really fabulous. I regard the old buildings the way I regard the Zapotec pyramids--remnants of a once vital and powerful civilization that dominated parts of the world, now dead, only the Europeans don't know it yet. --fleg

On the Travel Channel there's a program on called "5 Takes On Europe." 5 kids traveling around Europe. Old buildings, eating pizza, drinking wine, etc. A building is a building. I prefer nature. The water in Venice looked green, nasty, and polluted to me. What I saw of Venice on the Travel Channel looked disgusting. They said it costs like 90 Euros to ride a Gondola. To ride in a rowboat!

Personally, I just don't get it. We got Pizza and wine right here in East TN. I make homemade pizza quite often. The other day I even made the sauce starting from fresh tomatoes from the neighbor's garden. My buddy makes lots of homemade wine, and there's several wineries in East TN. No big deal. I prefer Welches Grape Juice anyway. Not fond of ethanol.

I'm also not fond of cities or buildings. All I can think of is how unnatural it is. Crowded cities and pollution and green nasty water are disgusting. I like pristine forests, clear running water, blue sky, giant trees, wild animals, etc. I'd much rather go to Estes Park in Colorado any day. Whenever I see New York City in movies or on TV I think about how many trees they had to cut down to build it. I wonder what it must have looked like before Europeans paved it over and turned the water all nasty, brown and green.

You want to see something beautiful? Go float down the Itchnetucknee River in Florida. It's like the Garden of Eden. The water is as clear as a swimming pool, full of fish and wildlife, surrounded by big giant trees, birds, turtles, etc. - Art

Itchnetucknee Springs State Park
http://www.floridastateparks.org/ichetuckneesprings/default.cfm

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (37) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement