Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Thought I would drop by and leave a note or two for y'all.

I wont go into the past few months of my life but for the most part, things are doing ok by us.

We dodged the storm bullet big time since our block is one of a select few to never lose power.

We are hosting various family members without power for the foreseeable future.

My brother called me in the thick of the storm to let me know his power was out, something big was on the roof of his tiny house and the power line was now on the ground behind his car and the transformer was smashed in the driveway.

Of course I had invited him to join us in our home BEFORE the storm came but he naturally declined all reasonable thinking before and during the storm.

I went to get him running the juggernaut Tuesday morning. The five minute ride lasted over an hour and a half.

Got tot the office where we have hundreds of square feet of solar panels being the borg that we are so power and connectivity we here for me.

No cable or internet at home but we have each other and an FM radio to listen to.

DD is in Miami at law school and can't believe that juxstaposition.

DS, his fiance and her mom are with us and will be for some time Im sure.

We all lucked out bigtime and folks there is a whole lot of hurt and total devastation not far from where I am writing this.

Please do what you can to help them if possible in any way.

As for me..... I am actually running away from all of this and have mixed feelings about doing so. Actually, I am running if my flight is running.

I am heading to Joshua Tree National Park next week to spend a few days off the grid with some of "the boys" who were some of my best friends growing up. Two of which I haven't seen in nearly forty years.

If we were without power I would remain home but this is a last chance get together perhaps and I am going.

I'm also still smoke free nearly three years later and never think about it. Ok, once of twice but never again.

When I get back home I will dig through this board, try to catch up on things and try to once again be an active member of this community.

Please know that this board is and always has been close to my thoughts.

Take care for now.

You're pal...

bigpix
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement