UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tuvaorbust Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 111  
Subject: HMIN Date: 3/26/2007 12:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Bill,

What do you think about HMIN? Since the founders of CTRP are also big shareholders of HMIN, and CTRP is a HG re-recomendation. I wonder why HMIN isn't being recommended by GG?

Thanks,
Kevin
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFBent Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38 of 111
Subject: Re: HMIN Date: 3/26/2007 12:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm not Bill, but I have played him on TV.

I've spent a lot of time looking at this one, and it looks like a decent business. The question is whether it's worth the current $1.25 billion market cap.

Sj

Author: TMFOtter Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39 of 111
Subject: Re: HMIN Date: 3/26/2007 12:40 PM
Yep. Each month we look at hundreds of businesses at a few inches deep, to paraphrase Peter Lynch. I'm aware of Home Inns, and think it's pretty interesting. But it's important to note that a non-recommendation isn't the opposite of a recommendation. We may not know a company that well, or we might just think it's expensive.

Will take another look. Thanks for bringing it up!!

Bill Mann

Author: 10XFCF One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65 of 111
Subject: Re: HMIN Date: 3/26/2007 10:19 PM
shoot i missed the event, but I guess i can still read up. Thanks for bringing me back to reality. I've been going gaga since soros made it a position and it's similar resemblence to la quinta, but 1.25B is too for a company that earned .10. This thing is priced to perfection...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement