Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hmm that's a good question. I was also married this summer, but my wife didn't change jobs so we haven't run into this problem.

I would recommend contacting her old employer and informing them of the name change and the situation. I'm not sure, but I think they might be able to reissue a new W-2 ? They should at least tell you whether they can do that. Might be good and wait for other people to respond that more know about this kind of thing.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.