Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PennsylvaniaSlim Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24  
Subject: Hmmm... Date: 5/21/2002 12:16 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The Street does not like the board re-election?

Or... what?

New 52-week low!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Nory3 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 24
Subject: Re: Hmmm... Date: 6/7/2004 8:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I know this is old news, but since nobody replied to this, I thought I'd answer it, since I am close to someone who works there --- I don't personally own the stock, but she does.

One of their biggest customers decided to reduce their orders -- Both because of a reduction in the quantity they use and a reduction in the stock they plan to keep on-hand for future use. This is expected to amount to approximately a 10% reduction in sales this year---- quite a shame after the good year they had last year. There are rumors of a possible layoff, but the company is trying to move employees to other areas to avoid it, and there is definitely going to be a two-week shutdown this summer.

GB is still a great company and has some new batteries coming along, so this is only a minor setback. I think this is a great buying opportunity right now. It's been a long time since it's been so cheap, and it's still a great company. If I had the spare cash, I'd be snapping up a few shares myself.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement